Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Small Setback and More Track

Nothing can keep me from my nightly runs. Nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing except home improvements that wind up being a lot more difficult than they were supposed to be. Nothing except that. Nothing except that and a kid with the measles. Nope. Nothing but those two things. And not sleeping. Nothing but those things can make me take three days off like I did earlier this week.

Shockingly, one side effect of the measles vaccine is the measles. Who knew?

Fremont High School has now finished locking up the front gate to their football stadium and wonderful new track. Boo. Fortunately there are at least a couple more easy access points from within the campus itself. On a Wednesday night, the campus is still wide open as students practice their French horns or their dance routines or whatever other activities their parents pressure them to do. Works for me.

Last night, in attempt to regain what little speed I once had, I re-did the old 6x200,4x400,6x200 with lots of recovery, workout that I did 3 weeks ago. While still very slow, I was noticeably less slow than last time...on the order of 2 seconds per 400m. Guh-roo-vee. That, and Junior Sr. sleeping through the night without a single wakeup, has me feeling optimistic again. Cue the doomswitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment