Thursday, March 1, 2012

More creamy track goodness

Construction continues around the track at Fremont High School here in The Vale. From the looks of things, I'm worried that I won't be able to use the track anymore once they're done. I sure hope I'm wrong. Signs posted about visitors having to report to the school office before 4 PM and about walkers and joggers using only the outside lanes of the track paint a more optimistic picture. We shall see. I'll always have a fartlek-on-the-roads backup plan ready for track nights that get shut down by locked gates and such.

Last night I got onto the track again without having to climb over or under any fences. I did have to squeeze through a gap in the temporary fence around the construction zone, but it didn't feel like trespassing.

The workout was a standard one (for me, anyway) in the style of my old coach, The Shoe Nazi*. The way he would describe it would be "12 by 150 with a 50, jog a lap, 3 by 600 with a 200, 6 by 300 with a 100." That means do 6 laps of alternating 150m hard and 50m jogging, then jog a lap, then do 6 laps of alternating 600m hard and 200m jogging, then do 6 laps of alternating 300m hard and 100m jogging. Generally there would be strides beforehand and something painfully fast after, but I'm not ready for that yet.




*No shoes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment