Wednesday, May 9, 2012

[ ] The Happiest Place on Earth

My month off from running continues.  I now haven't run a step in three weeks.  When I chase after Junior at the park or anywhere that he escapes his toddler straitjacket ($24.99 @ Babies R Us), I skip on my good leg.  It's kinda fun.

What's NOT kinda fun is Disneyland.  Cupcake is into it and is indroctrinating Junior into her little cult of animated films, 6-foot tall talking rats, ducks with shirts and ties but no pants, and $14 churros.  I humor her and tag along because I love her.  Stupid, lousy love....

We spent 3 days in Anaheim visiting Disneyland last week and it was exhausting.  Junior has all the patience of a meth-addicted hummingbird, so standing in lines for rides was not his cup of tea.  Nor was waiting for a shuttle bus...or riding a shuttle bus...or going through airport security...or sitting for an hour on an airplane...or having no beer available...basically all the things we had to do to make our Disney dreams come true.  I think Junior had some fun between tantrums, and we popped his air-travel cherry, so yeah...best vacation ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment